Saturday, May 26, 2012

Barbara Stanwyck (1907-1990)

Homina homina homina.

“During Double Indemnity, Fred MacMurray would go to rushes. I remember asking Fred, How was I? [He said], I dont know about you, but I was wonderful. Such a true remark. Actors only look at themselves.”

Leading Fred MacMurray straight to hell in Double Indemnity (1944).

“Im a tough old broad from Brooklyn. I intend to go on acting until Im ninety, and they wont need to paste my face with makeup.”

Playing Henry Fonda for a sap in The Lady Eve (1941).

“Put me in the last fifteen minutes of a picture and I dont care what happened before. I dont even care if I was in the rest of the damned thing. Ill take it in those fifteen minutes.
   
Teaching Gary Cooper some bad habits in Ball of Fire (1941).

“Career is too pompous a word. It was a job and I have always felt priveleged to be paid for doing what I love doing.”

My favorite Stanwyck films: The Lady Eve (1941), Double Indemnity (1944), The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946), The File on Thelma Jordon (1950), Titanic (1953), Crime of Passion (1957)

No comments:

Post a Comment